Yahoo is a complete package for online services, you will find Yahoo all over the web. It is the biggest and primary name in the realm of the internet and now holds 3rd place in top web search engines subsequently Google and Bing. If you are a Yahoo user and frequently use search engines for online work, setting Yahoo as my homepage would be advantageous. A browser homepage is the first webpage you see on your browser whenever you open it. There are countless benefits of making Yahoo a homepage, like news stories, trends, and many other features drop into your screen. Now you are curious to know how to make Yahoo my default page, well, we will assist you thoroughly on this blog, where we will describe how to make Yahoo my homepage or set as the default web browser in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge on the computer.
How to Make Yahoo your Homepage on Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is the best and most used web browser in recent times. To know how to make Yahoo your homepage on Google Chrome follow the underneath steps;
- Open the Chrome Browser and click on the three vertical dots, now find and select “Settings” from the given options
- Now move your mouse to the left side of the screen and find the ‘Appearances” option from the list and click on it.
- You will see the “Show Home Button” option and click on the Enter customer web address’.
- Enter the http://www.yahoo.com/ in the box
- Next, go downward and find “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on “Add a new page” and enter the address you want to open whenever chrome launches.
- You can add several pages they will open in different tabs every time chrome opens.
- To apply the changes, restart the browser and see Yahoo as your homepage.
How to Make Yahoo your Homepage on Firefox?
Mozilla Firefox gives two options to set any webpage as the homepage of the browser.
Set Yahoo as Homepage
- First, open the Yahoo webpage by entering www.yahoo.com in the search box.
- Drag and then drop the tab on the Home button placed left side of the screen
- Now click on Yes and set Yahoo as your homepage.
Set Yahoo as Homepage via Firefox Options
- Open Firefox and click on the 3 parallel lines placed in the right-left corner of the screen
- Now choose the Options from the menu
- Click on the Home from the next screen places left side
- Under the home menu click on the “Homepage and new Windows” and next choose “Custom URLs” from the drop-down menu
- Enter the www.yahoo.com in the “Paste a URL” box
- After that, exit the browser and restart it to see the changes.
Make Yahoo your Homepage in Safari
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Head to the Edit option and click on Preferences.
- General tab will open now go to the option that is that has drop-down menu “Safari open with” and select the Homepage
- Now click on Homepage and enter www.yahoo.com in the box. Yahoo will open every time when you open the safari browser.
Set Yahoo as Homepage in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is the updated version of Internet Explorer, users generally complained to Microsoft about the slow performance. Hence, Microsoft launched it with the new name and features. Follow the underneath steps to make yahoo my default page on internet explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- First of all, open the Microsoft Edge and go to the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Click on the 3 dots and select the “Settings” from there
- Click on the “On Startup” from the menu
- Under the “On Startup” click on the “Open a specific page or pages”
- Next click on “Add a new page”
- Enter the www.yahoo.com in the field and click on Add
- Now restart the browser to see the changes.
To Sum Up
Using Yahoo as a homepage on your browser will definitely make things easier as Yahoo is the complete bundle of services. It enables you to use important apps and services without making efforts. By following the above methods, you can easily make Yahoo your homepage on Windows 10 or Mac.