Want a YouTube video on your device? This question has an obvious answer and i.e. “Definitely Yes”. Why? Because YouTube is the first choice of 2.29 billion users worldwide for streaming videos online. It allows you to like videos, post comments on the videos, and share them with others. The only thing it does not provide is the video-download option. You can save any video within the app, but can’t download it on your device, and this infuriates a large number of users. Not having the “download” option adversely affects the viewing experience of users and outweighs the other advanced perks.
Though the video downloading option is available for Premium users, the users who are not willing to pay feel left out. But worry not, we are here to make your wish come true, as we have listed the best ways to download and save YouTube videos so that you can enjoy them offline anytime anywhere without paying a dime.
Without further ado, let’s check all the methods available for downloading YouTube videos.
Method 1: By Using a Third-Party Tool
Using ByClick Downloader
Downloading Youtube videos online was never this easy before as it is today, credit goes to the emergence of third-party sources like Byclick Downloader. But, you need to be wary while choosing any of the software that allows you to download YouTube videos, playlists, and Live videos with no hassle included.
Steps to download the Youtube video:
- Begin by downloading the Byclick Downloader on your system, click Here, and then hit the “Download” button.
- Then, access the Youtube page and choose the video you want to download.
- On opening the video, you will see an option named Download Video, from the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Now, navigate to the ByClick Downloader window and let the video download completely.
- Once the video downloads, you can save it in the desired folder of your device using the options available under the Choose folder option in the ByClick Downloader.
In case you are not able to download the video using these three steps, you can just copy the video’s URL in the address bar and then go to the ByClick Downloader. After that, choose the quality and location where you want to save the video and click on Paste URL. The video will be downloaded successfully.
Also Read: How To Convert YouTube to OGG Format
Using iTubeGo Downloader
iTubeGo is another effective video download tool that comes with an impressive range of features. It enables you to download YouTube videos in various formats such as HD,4 K, 8k, and more. Not only videos with this tool you can download YouTube playlists,channels, audio and more. When it comes to video conversion, this tool supports all the commonly used platforms like MP3, MP4, AVI, MOV, and more.
In order to download a Youtube video using iTubeGo, just visit its “Youtube Downloader” page and commence with its “Free download” feature. Rest, it works like any other third-party YouTube downloader; just copying and pasting the URL of the video is all you need.
Using 4K Video Downloader
4K Video downloader is the next tool on the list that allows the safest download of Youtube videos. It is known for its excellence and ease as the interface is self-explanatory and thus it stands out among other tools of the same genre. Similar to the above-listed tools, 4k video downloader allows you to download channels, playlists, and more. You can Download 4K and 360-degree videos in single click, all you need is to download the tool from its 4k video downloader webpage.
Once the tool is downloaded and installed on your device, open youtube, choose the video and copy the URL, paste it on the tool and you know the rest!
Note: There are plenty of alternatives to these YouTube video downloaders available on the web. They all have similar functioning as they allow you to download any YouTube video with a few clicks. Some of the other trusted ones are SnapDownloader, HitPaw Video Downloader and Converter, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, and YTD Video Downloader & Converter.
Method 2: Using the VLC Player on System
Who is not acquainted with VLC Media player? It is the most used media player we have known for ages. This open-source video player comes inbuilt with Windows Pc, and Mac devices, and works surprisingly well for a basic player as it supports a wide range of file formats such as Audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs. Also, it supports various audio compression methods.
To use the VLC Media player to download YouTube videos, check these steps:
- Start by accessing YouTube from your browser and then access the video that you want to download and open the URL of that.
- From the desktop shortcut for the VLC media player, open the program with a double-click.
- Select Media and tap on the option ‘Open Network Stream’.
- A text editor page will open, on which:
- Paste the YouTube video URL that you want to download
- Click “Play”.
- Now, access the option “Tools” and then tap on the option “Codec Information” and a new window will appear.
- After that, copy all the information from the location textbox at the bottom of the page.
- Now, again copy-paste the URL into the web browser and click Enter. Right-click on the video and then select “Save Video” to keep the video offline.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The video will be saved on VLC Player in 1080p resolution. Mind it, while saving video on a VLC player, you can’t save it at relatively higher resolutions, even if the actual resolutions are 2160p or 1440p. It does not convert video in any other format.
Method 3: Using Browser Extensions
If you are wary of the safety of third-party tools and want a less intense option, you can always have a browser extension installed.
For the Firefox browser, there is a dedicated extension that allows you to download YouTube videos, called Video DownloadHelper. It allows you to download the videos straight from the YouTube page without wandering on multiple web pages. Follow these steps to use this extension on Firefox.
- To embark on, launch the Firefox browser and go to the Video downloader page to install the extension.
- Head to YouTube, open the video you want to download, and stream it for approximately one minute.
- Double-click on the Video DownloadHelper extensions from the top-right corner of the screen. A different set of format options will appear on your screen.
- Choose the option you want from the screen.
It will take a few minutes for the video to download, depending on the size and resolution of the website.
Method 4: Using Open Video Downloader
The next option that will help you download and save YouTube videos, is Open Video Downloader which is a free tool that is meant to work with the Windows operating systems only. It is one of the quick options to save videos on your system. Just follow the steps to download:
- First, open this page and tap on the option called “Get” to download and install the software from the Microsoft Store.
- Go to YouTube, choose the video you want to download and click on it to open.
- Go back to the address bar, and copy the link of the video from there.
- Then, go to the “Open Video Downloader” option from the Windows Start menu.
- Hover the mouse over the address bar, right-click on it, and then click on “Paste” to insert the video link there.
- Tap on the “+” button and wait till it checks the YouTube video and generates the possible download options.
- Check the list of options and select what video quality you need. You will see the default setting called “Video + Audio” which is used to ensure that the video you are downloading contains the audio. Then, another drop-down will appear containing all the resolution options.
- Press the “Download” button in the lower-right corner of the desktop.
Make sure you have an active internet connection if you desire a fast download. However, the speed of the download depends upon the file size and strength of the internet connection. You can track the process through the “Progress” tab.
Now the video will be stored on your device in the “Download” folder. If you want to play the video right after downloading it, tap on the small arrow next to the downloaded file and then tap on the “Show file in folder” option.
Method 5: Using an Online Converter
There are many web-based converters available to download YouTube videos on your system. One such option is 9xBuddy, which is best for downloading long Youtube videos. To use this:
- First, go to YouTube and open the video that you need to download.
- Now, copy the URL of the video from the address bar by right-clicking on it.
- Open the 9xBuddy web page in a new tab.
- Next, Paste the URL on the respective field of the 9xbuddy page.
- Tap on the “Download” button, and wait till the YouTube is getting scanned by the program. After this, you will see plenty of quality options on your screen.
- Click on the “Video” button if you want to view the video results.
- Click on the “Download Now” option available next to desired video format and quality. You will see the video being converted and downloaded.
- Click on “Download Now” again if you wish to save the file on your PC.
After the download is complete, click on the video to view it in your system’s default media player.
Note: The online converters usually consist of a whole lot of ads and pop-ups, hence it is advised not to click on those ads and pop-up windows as they may contain viruses and malware. Such viruses can pose a threat to the stored data and your system’s functioning. In addition, you can use an ad-blocker tool if the downloading website allows you to.
Though Online tools are quick and efficient, they can be contagious if not handled properly. Thus, make sure to be extra vigilant about following safety measures.
There are a lot of methods available to download Youtube videos, but it is advised to pick the one that suits best the availability of your resources. For example, downloading software is best for those who have enough storage to work with, and online e converter is best for those who want quick outcomes but are less wary of safety. We have provided all possible solutions for downloading Youtube videos, so that you can make an informed decision.