Emailing is a need every hour and we become used to it. Whether you need to send some crucial office documents, a quotation of a product, or your finished project to the clients, emails are the primary mode of professional communication. As there are plenty of email services available and one such email client is Bigpond email login. Telstra is an Australia-based telecommunication company that owned the Bigpond webmail services.
Telstra telecommunication acquired the Bigpond email in 2013 and rebranded the name of this service as Telstra webmail or @telstra.com. Due to this merger, many users get confused between @telstra.com and @bigpond.com. Here in this piece of content, we will describe the process of creating an account with Bigpond, and signing in along with server settings. If you want to use this email client for your emailing needs, then this guide is all you need.
Get Start with Telstra or BigPond Webmail
You can start with Bigpond webmail by creating an account, sign up process is as easy as cutting the cake if you know the right steps. Hence, we have mentioned the process of creating an account with the BigPond email login, following the steps carefully, and getting access to the attractive features of this email client.
- Open the webmail browser and visit the Bigpond email login page or you can click on the following link https://id.telstra.com.au/register
- Now you need to enter and fill up information in three forms in the first one, you need to enter your Username and Password multiple times.
- Next, you need to provide personal information that as the First name, Last name, and Date of birth
- Now in the third section enter your Mobile number or 13-digit account number after that click on the Continue button.
- After that follow the on-screen instructions to end the sign-up process.
How to Sign in to a Bigpond Email?
After creating an email account, now is the time for accessing the email. Login into the Bigpond email account is a cake-walk process and it hardly takes seconds to enter your email account. So, let’s have a look at the process of logging in to your Telstra account.
- Open your device and go to your web browser, open the Bigpond email login page or click on the following link; https://signon.telstra.com.au/
- Now enter the username and password that you get after creating an account by following the above steps.
- Well, if you have Telstra Executive account, log in using the Business ID
- Now prove that you are human by filling the Captcha and clicking on the login button
Read Also; Suddenlink login Email
Login Via Third-Party Email Clients
Bigpond email service allows users to log in via third-party email clients like Outlook. All you need to have adequate email settings. A correct set of server settings will allow the BigPond email account to function without errors. So, have a look at the server settings for third-party email clients.
IMAP Server Settings for Bigpond Email
IMAP server; mail.bigpond.com
IMAP port: 993
IMAP Security: SSL
Username: Register email address with Bigpond
Password: password of your account
SMTP Server Settings
STMP Server: mail.bigpond.com
STMP Security: SSL
Username: Email address
STMP Password: Bigpond account password
Common Log in Issues with Solution of Bigpond Webmail Account
Login issues are inescapable to each email client Bigpond isn’t prohibited from the list. Many reasons trigger the login issues in the Bigpond email login. Consequently, here are a few issues with troubleshooting solutions.
Every so often users forgot to recall their username and this limits them from accessing their account. This login issue is totally a human mistake, that can be settled effectively by following a few basic steps given under;
- Start with visiting the Telstra webmail login page from your browser or click on the https://signon.telstra.com.au/login link
- Next, you need to click on Forget? From the Username box
- Now you need to enter the email address that you used while creating the account or click on Use other information where you will be required an account number or Business ID, first name, and last name.
- After that click on Continue, now you need to follow the on-screen instruction to get the username
Reset Password of Bigpond webmail Account
Resetting your password is the answer to endless Bigpond email sign-in issues, whether you have failed to remember your password or your account has been compromised, resetting your account is all you really need to fix your account.
- Go to the Bigpond login website from your web browser or click on https://www.telstra.com.au or type this URL in the search box of the browser and press Enter.
- After opening the website click on the Sign-in button, now the menu along with options such as My account, Business account, Enterprise account, Telstra Plus, and Telstra Mail will appear.
- Select the Telstra Mail option and click on it.
- From the Bigpond Login, page click on the Forgot? from the password box
- Now, wait for a second and till the pop up will appear on the screen
- Now enter the Bigpond username, and email id and click on the Continue
- You will be moved to the Reset Your password page and there you need to enter the Username
- Now click on the “I’m not a robot” option and hit the Send button for the reset password link
- Now a reset password link will be sent to your registered email address
- After that, you will be redirected to the page where you can set a new password for your account.
- After that, open the login page and access your account with a new password.
Promising Solutions for Bigpond Login Issue
According to a new study on login issues, 80% of them happen due to login details, and the rest 20% emerge because of technical reasons, for example, slow or no web, down the server, barricade, or obstruction of safety programs, outdated internet browsers, and, and so on. Thusly, we have provided the solutions to Bigpond email login problems.
Active Internet Connection
What is the essential thing you want to do anything on Internet? Better believe it, your answer is right, it is an active web connection. The facts confirm that without it you can’t play out a solitary movement. In this way, you are probably going to confront login issues Subsequently, fix it by rebooting your Wi-Fi switch or resetting the network connection at the earliest opportunity.
Bigpond Login Webmail Server
From time to time, the webmail server of email services turns into the justification behind login issues. Nonetheless, this may be for a transitory period, however, you can’t do a lot about the issue in such a case. To confirm it check the status with the Bigpond email server on the down detector site.
Incompatible Antivirus Program
This happens more often with many users, a security program installed on the gadget, confines the email services to perform and causes issues like being not able to log in. Nonetheless, you can fix this issue, after hindering the security program.
Turn On/Off the Caps Lock Key
Password is a must for accessing your account, so it is important to check if the ‘Numeric and Caps lock key’ on your keyboard has been erroneously turned while you enter the password.
There’s nothing more to it! Hopefully, now you know enough about Telstra’s Bigpond webmail service and how you can create a Bigpond account and access it by the login process. Other than that, if you experience Bigpond email login issues, you can help yourself to fix them utilizing the most ideal solutions mentioned here.